Wait? It’s only been 45 days? That’s deflating, but maybe it shouldn’t be because I’ve done a lot. Let’s start with the positives, here’s what I accomplished:
- Read and analyzed 20 screenplays (features).
- Read specific scenes/first ten pages of at least 20 others.
- Wrote a feature.
- Read 3 screenwriting books, and am partway through a few others.
- Listened to a bunch of podcast episodes on screenwriting.
- Watched quite a few lectures on film, screenwriting, acting, etc.
- Lots of miscellaneous things like reading online articles.
- Created this website.
That’s far more than I did from January (when I became interested in the subject) to the end of March. It’s also far more than I did during a screenwriting class I took in college.
Some people advocate for certain studying methods, such as 3×3, which means study/write for 3 hours a day, 3 days a week. I haven’t found a great system yet, but that’s fine.
The show goes on.